Formal Art Education
1992-94 – Worcester Art Museum art classes
1991-93 – Private lessons with various artists
1995-96 – Interlaken School of Art (now IS-183) – watercolor classes
1996-99 -Berkshire Community College – Visual Arts program
2009 – present Artist member in Art on No artist group at 311 North Street, Pittsfield
2002-2009 – Sheffield Art League (now called Housatonic Valley Art League) – has served as Board Member, Newsletter Editor, Publicity Chair, Membership Co-chair.
2005-present – Berkshire Art Association
– Selected pieces chosen for Pittsfield Carousel and Walk-on Pittsfield.
– Christmas in Park Square 1912 selected to be on the 250th Pittsfield holiday globe.
– Painting of West Stockbridge selected for cover of “Back in the Berkshires” summer 2011 magazine.
– Christmas in Park Square 1912 selected to be on Mary Verdi’s Christmas CD
2010 and Prior
– Article about House Portraits in Berkshire Living Magazine
– September 2010 Art featured on the covers of Massachusetts Main Streets and Back Roads Spring of 2009 and Winter of 2010 and 2012 – Pittsfield Gazette and Advocate – feature articles about painting the portrait of the Berkshire Athenaeum in public in the library during
May, 2009. – Journal of the Moffit Cancer Center – January 2009 issue – eight paintings were selected to be the art featured on the cover and throughout the magazine.
– The Artful Mind, September 2008 – Feature length article , Marguerite Bride, Watercolorist
– Berkshire HomeStyle Magazine, This Month’s Selection for June 2007
– Berkshire Eagle article by Felix Carroll, “She Paints What She Sees“, in Berkshire’s Week, January 26, 2006
– Sheffield Art League Member Show 2005 – Third Prize for “Stonington Harbor”.
– Two paintings selected for August 2005 “Selected Works” Silent Auction in conjunction with ArtShow Fine Art Street Galleries in Pittsfield, MA. Only 24 artists of all mediums out of about 180 were selected for this special fund-raising event.
– Painting “Hebert Candy Mansion” was selected to be on the cover of their fall 2005 catalog and also have a page in their website Hebert Candies Website. See press release on website.
– Painting “Housatonic in Lee” featured in article in the April 2004 issue of “Berkshire Home Style” Magazine.
– December 2003 – Painting “Tyringham Wheel” on the cover of “Berkshire Home Style“ Magazine.
– Fall 2001 – Ms. Bride competed for and was awarded the commission for eight paintings of historic scenes which are now on permanent public display at the Shrewsbury headquarters of Central One Federal Credit Union in central Massachusetts.
Exhibits 2010 and Prior February – Solo Exhibit at Berkshire Medical Center Lobby May – Group exhibit at Art on No building June – Solo Exhibit “Local Color” at Becket Arts Center July – Lenox, MA Art Fair August – Stonington CT Art Festival Aug-Sept – Month-long Solo Exhibit at Gallery 25, Pittsfield, MA September – Trio Exhibit – Wheels of Time at Intermodal Gallery, Pittsfield October – Think Pink, Group Show at Colonial Theatre for Breast Cancer October – Small Works, JuriedGroup Show at Welles Gallery sponsored by Housatonic Valley Art League November – Solo exhibit at Berkshire Medical Center Lobby December – Weekend Holiday Fair sponsored by BerkshireMade in Stockbridge, MA
2009 May 2-31 – Solo Exhibit “Seasons of the Berkshires” at the Gallery at the Goldsmith, 152 Main St., Great Barrington, MA. Reception Saturday, May 16, 6-8 p.m. July 18-19 – 5th Annual Juried Art Show (www.PittsfieldArtShow.org). July 25-26 – Chur4ch on the Hill Juried Art Show, Lilac Park, Main Street, Lenox. July & August – Housatonic Valley Art League shows, Sheffield, NA (www.hvart.org). July 31 – September 2 – Solo exhibit at Old Chatham General Store Cafe Gallery , Old Chatham, NY. October 3-4 – Berkshire Botanical Garden Harvest Fair, Stockbridge, MA. October 10-11 – Artisans of the Berkshires Art Show at Jiminy Peak, Hancock, MA. October – month-long “small works” juried group show at the Welles Gallery in the Lenox Library, Lenox, MA.
2008 Artisans of the Berkshires Mid Winter Show – February 10, West Stockbridge, MA. Forty Shades of Green – March 16-April 2, Lichtenstein, Pittsfield, MA. Show for a Show 2008 – March 28 – May 4, Artwell Gallery, Torrington, CT. Berkshire Salon – May 23 – June 21, Eclipse Mill Gallery, North Adams, MA. Wickford Art Festival (J)- July 12 &13, Wickford, R.I. Pittsfield Art Show (J) – July 19 & 20, Pittsfield, MA. Church on the Hill Art Show (J)- July 26 & 27, Lenox, MA. Mystic Art Festival – August 9 & 10, Mystic, CT. Gallery 429 – September 18 – October 15, Solo Exhibit, 429 North St., Pittsfield, MA. Melbourne Art Gallery, Pittsfield – solo exhibit Feb 1 – 27, 2007. Artisans of the Berkshires – winter show, Feb 11, 2007, Candle Lake Inn, West Stockbridge.Lenox Art Festival – September 20-21, Lenox, MA. Hancock Shaker Village Country Fair – September 27-28, (J) , Hancock, MA Small Works – October 2-31 (J), Welles Gallery, Lenox, MA. Harvest Fair – October 4-5, (J)BerkshireBotanical Garden, Stockbridge, MA
2007 Holiday Invitational Art Show at Crowne Plaza – November 25, 2007 Berkshire Botanical Garden Harvest Fair – Oct 2007 Pittsfield Art Show – juried group show of 70 artists in downtown Pittsfield, July 21-22, 2007. Artisans of the Berkshires – Summer Show – group show of 12 artists, June 24, 2007. Berkshire Medical Center, Pittsfield – solo exhibit, April-May, 2007. Winter Invitational Art Exhibit – Dec 2006 – Jan 2007, Berkshire Frame Works, Pittsfield.
2006 “The Gift of Art” – November 10-12, 2006 – second annual Juried Fine Art and Design Show held at the Berkshire Eagle Clock Tower Building, 75 South Church Street, Pittsfield. Local Color at Brix Wine Bar, Pittsfield, Oct 2- Nov 8, 2006 – solo exhibit of selected works from the “Local Color” series. Think Pink” – October 4-28, 2006 – annual art show to raise breast cancer awareness at the Lichtenstein Center for the Arts, 28 Renne St., Pittsfield. Exhibit with a Jazzy Theme – Group show – Oct 6-31, 2006 at Berkshire Frame Works Art Gallery, 740 Williams St., Pittsfield. Celebrating Music in the Visual Arts”, a juried exhibit of more than 100 pieces of original art in all mediums with a musical inspiration by local and regional artists. June 1-30, 2006. Berkshire Frame Works Art Gallery, 740 Williams Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201. “Arboreal” – a show of paintings of trees by local artists sponsored by Pittsfield Tree Watch at the Lichtenstein Center for the Arts. June 7 – July 12, 2006. Forty Shades of Green: Art Inspired by Ireland & Irish Culture – a group show at the Lichtenstein Center for the Arts, 28 Renne Avenue, Pittsfield through March 2006. Celebrating Berkshire Artists Parts I and II – Berkshire Frame Works Art Gallery – group show with 17 regional artists, through March, 2006. TD Banknorth and Sheffield Art League – Featured Artist Series. January and February, 2006, solo exhibit in public areas of bank building.
2005 “Gift of Art” Juried Fine Art Show at the Masonic Temple, Pittsfield, November 26-27, 2005. “Think Pink” – group show to bring awareness to breast cancer through October 2005 at the Lichtenstein Center for the Arts, Pittsfield. “Selected Works” exhibit at the Howard Building, Fenn Street, Pittsfield August 2005. August 13-14, 2005 – ArtShow Fine Art Street Galleries, juried show featuring a series of outdoor exhibits with 25-30 artists at each show. Located on the sidewalks of downtown Pittsfield, MA. July 9-30, 2005 – Group show at Berkshire Frame Works Art Gallery with a Tuscan theme. Reception will be Saturday, July 23, 4-6 p.m. June 5-30, 2005 – “Delectable Summer Selections” – solo exhibit of more than thirty of my original watercolors with a summer theme at Berkshire Frames Works Gallery Art Gallery, Pittsfield, MA. March 2005 – present – Ongoing exhibit of selected pieces at The Oxbow Gallery, Great Barrington, MA. February – May 2005 – Ongoing exhibit of Berkshire scenes and Tuscan-influenced paintings at Berkshire Frame Works, Pittsfield, MA. Limited reproductions available at this location. December 2004 through January 2005 – solo exhibit of over 30 original watercolors from both New England and Tuscany/Umbria series at Berkshire Frames Works Gallery, Pittsfield, MA.
2003 “Featured Artist” November , 2003 by the Sheffield Art League. Banknorth in Great Barrington. February 2003 – group show “Classic Nudes” , Miles Bradford Collection, Lee, MA. July & August 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 – Juried and member shows at Sheffield Art League, Dewey Hall, Sheffield, MA. July & August 2006, 2007 – Juried and member shows at Housatonic Valley Art League Art League, Dewey Hall,Sheffield,MA.